Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Welcome to The Beginning!

   So this is where it begins. Just this past year President Thomas S. Monson announced that young women nineteen years of  age could serve a mission, two years ahead of what the age used to be! I am so excited about it, and I can't wait to really start my preparation!

   Today I was reading in the beginning of the Book of Mormon, in 1 Nephi chapter one. Verse twenty really stuck out to me as I was reading: "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
   That really hit home for me. As Nephi rightly pointed out, the blessings that the Lord gives us are dependent upon our faith in Him and in the gospel. When we have faith in him, we will be blessed because of it. I know this to be true, I see it every day in my life. In my ward at home, in Utah with family, in Texas near very few familiar faces. It's the same no matter who you are or where you go, it all depends on your faith and how you act on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment